Pakistan US Relation
Embassy of the United States in Pakistan
Pakistan US Visa
Pakistan US Embassy
Pakistan US HistoryThe US embassy was made in 1947, a day after the independence of Pakistan. The extremists burnt it in 1979, and after that, the embassy is given full security. In 2015, a new building was inaugurated by the US government. It was considered as one of the most expensive diplomatic offices in the world. It has a capacity of 2500 people at a time. Its cost was $736 million. Pakistan was always an ally with the US in every kind of situation. It supported the US in the Cold war against the Soviet Union and became a part of CENTO and SEATO union. Pakistan also got immense military support from the US and trained Mujahidin, who would fight the Soviet Union. The relations got stronger after Pakistan was declared as Non-Nato ally in the War against Terror.
- Address: Diplomatic Enclave Islamabad
- Website: U.S.Embassy
- Ambassador: Paul.W.Jones
- Contact: +92 051 201 4000
Pakistan US RelationPakistan and the US have bilateral relations for long. Pakistan has sacrificed in the war of terror for America. It became an ally of America to stop Soviet expansion in the region in the 1980s. Similarly, America has assisted Pakistan on so many occasions in the energy sector, economy, and trade. America is one of the largest export markets for Pakistan. Despite the ongoing tension between Pakistan and America, Pakistan is still an attractive market for US companies, mainly due to its political interest and low-cost labor. In 2018, the trade between Pakistan and the US was estimated at $6.6 billion. The relation saw an increase of 4% from the last year. Both countries have agreed on economic reforms to increase the trade.
US Culture InfluenceThe American culture has always been entertained with resentment. The more US culture is felt in Pakistani societies, the more the people become skeptical about the US culture as it is considered a step towards the westernization of the country. In this regard, to have a positive perception in the hearts of the people, American companies are investing billions of dollars. MacDonald’s is the leading company that is credited for introducing home deliveries of food. KFC, Burger King and other food companies are opening new branches in Pakistan. In 2016, Al Jazeera featured a documentary naming it the Burger Generation that has American influence.
Pakistan US Visa
Visa PolicyRecently, the American Authorities made changes in the Visa policy for Pakistan. There will be an increase in Visa fees in specific kinds. It also reduced the duration of the visa for Pakistan. The visa application form is available online on the Consular Electronic Application. After submitting the online application form and fees, the visa will be granted after the interview.
Types of Visa
Visitors VisaThis kind of visa is issued to those who want to visit the US for 6 months. The Visitor’s visa is divided into the following kinds.
- B1 Visa: It is issued for business only
- B2 visa: It is issued for tourists only.
Student VisaIt’s issued to the students and people who want to go on vacation. The Student Visa is divided into
- F1 visa: It is issued to students
- F2 visa: it is issued to those people who are dependent on F1 visa holders
- M1 visa: It is issued purely for vocational purposes.
Exchange Visitors VisaThis visa is issued to people who participate in an exchange program or training and employment within the US territory. These are divided into
- J1 Visa
- Q Visa
Temporary Work VisaThese are issued to people working in the US. It has many types. The Temporary Visa is divided into
- H1B visa: It is issued to those who are highly skilled and works in high fields
- H1B1 visa: It is issued only to the nationals of Singapore and Chile
- H-2A visa: It is issued to people who are related to agriculture. The US issue it only if it has any interest
- H-2B visa: It is issued to non-agricultural workers.
- H-3 visa: It is issued to people who are interested in education opportunities.
- L1 visa: It is issued to Managers and executives.
- P visa: Issued to Sportsperson
Treaty traders and investors VisaIt is issued to those who have treaties in business.
Diplomatic and Official VisaIt has the following categories.
- A1 visa: it is issue to diplomats or government officials representing the government
- A2 NATO-1-6: It is issued to military officials who want to stay or work in the US.
Visa For Victims
- T visa: It is issued to victims of human trafficking and can help in the investigation against Human trafficking
- U-visa: It is issued to victims of criminal activities.
- Sponsored Visa
- Spouse Visa
- Employers-Sponsor Visa
- Immigrants Visa
US consulate Karachi
|Address||New TPX Area, Mia Kalochi road Karachi|
|Contact||92 21 3527-5000|
US Consulate Lahore
|Address||5o, Empress Road Lahore, Pakistan|
|Contact||92 42 3603 4000|
US Consulate Peshawar
|Address||11 Hospital Road, Peshawar|