University OverviewFounded in 1952, University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the urban setting of the large city of Peshawar (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. This institution has also branch campuses in the following location(s): Abbottabad, Mardan, Bannu, Jalozai. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan, University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar (UET Peshawar) is a small (uniRank enrollment range: 5,000-5,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar (UET Peshawar) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study. See the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details. This 66 years old higher-education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations and students' past academic record and grades.
History & Progress
Information ManagementThe University has an infrastructure to support wide spread internet as well as intranet setup that covers its main and remote campuses. After completion of the on-going project of the University computerization, majority of administrative and academic activities will also be managed through online system.
- UET Peshawar has Five campuses. The main campus is in the University Campus area, off University Road, Peshawar, with Four satellite campuses in Kohat, Abbottabad, Bannu and Mardan. The Peshawar campus is the nucleus of the University.
Earthquake ResponseThe Earthquake Engineering Center in the Civil Engineering department played key role after the October 8, 2005 earthquake. UET Peshawar places a major emphasis on preparing for earthquakes. The university has held seminars on disaster preparedness, first aid trainings for mining engineers, and research into earthquake preparedness.The University worked closely with the Swiss Humanitarian Aid organization on constructing health care facilities in the wake of the 2005 earthquake. As stated by Ali Yad Khan, a representative of SHA, "Involving Peshawar University of Engineering and Technology meant the health centre concept could be developed quickly. And account was taken of local requirements and of international earthquake-resistant building standards from the word ‘go’."
Abbottabad CampusThe Abbottabad campus was inaugurated in October 2002 at the premises of the old Ayub Medical College. The campus has two departments, Electronics and Architecture. The campus started Electronic Engineering subjects for the first time in UET history. In this respect its first Batch 2004 to 2008 is called the “Pioneer BATCH”. Similarly architecture was not only started for the first time in the history of UET but also in history of khyberpukhtunkhwa. Abbottabad campus is located in the heart of city surrounded by lush green lawns and tall trees. At the background, there is a mountain view adding more grandeur to the campus. The departments offers the following four and five year degree program respectively:
- B.Sc Electronics Engineering (four year program)
- B.Architecture, City and Regional Planning ( five year program )
Jalozai CampusJalozai Campus was inaugurated in December last year by Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Governor Sardar Mahtab Ahmed Khan. The campus funded by HEC at the cost of Rs. 6,565,272 Million is being established on Pabbi Cherat Road at 11 KM Southwards from GT Road in district Nowshera. Total area of the campus is 402 acres and the total covered area is approximately 1,021,233 sq.ft. with live in strength of 3240 students. At present, UET Jalozai Campus is offering B.Sc programmes in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. UET has developed/renewed academic linkages with world known institutions of higher education in other countries as part of its overall goal to provide global perpective to its scholars.
Bannu CampusBannu Campus became operational in May 2002, in the premises of the comprehensive High School. This has brought higher education in engineering sciences to this neglected middle-southern region. Currently, two traditional disciplines in engineering sciences are offered, and efforts are afoot to consolidate these programs. Large investment is strengthing laboratories and upgrading infrastructure are being done to make this into a world class facility.
Mardan CampusMardan campus, inaugurated in 2002, is spread over 22 acres (89,000 m2) of area and offers degrees in Telecommunications Engineering and Computer Software Engineering.
- B.Sc Telecom Engineering,
- B.Sc Software Engineering
- B,sc Electrical Engineering
Kohat CampusThe Kohat campus became operational in March 2012 at the premises of Kohat University City campus. The campus offers engineering in One technology, i.e., Electrical. The campus is in the Pinde Road of Kohat city Near BiPass of Peshawer and Pindi Rd. Four batches Doing graduating from this campus.In Future Other Technology will be offer In the Campus e.g., Gas Engineering and Electronic Engineering. Kohat campus Student are Shifted from Kohat University when they closed Their engineering Programme.
CEECThe center was developed at UET as an initiative of Higher Education Commission. CEEC has been functioning since December 01,2008 and has trained almost 300 professional engineers. CEEC was established with following aims.
- Capacity building of engineers.
- Ability to engage effectively in the global economy.
- Development of indigenous capacity to ensure effective utilization of international aid.
- Promote quality of teaching and research.
- Emphasize the significance of communication & leadership skills.
EmNetsAt EmNets we research networking technologies such as the Internet of Things, sensornets, and delay tolerant networking. We are particularly interested in applications, protocols, architectures, and evaluation tools for the networks of the future where computers will be embedded "everywhere and in everything". EmNets is a sister of SysNet with more embedded focus, and is currently associated with the Department of Computer Systems Engineering, UET Peshawar, under the mentorship of Dr. Laiq Hasan.
IT CenterUndoubtedly, online services have become most important resources in educational institutions & research organizations. Over the last few years, not only active users of the network facilities have increased many folds but also the web-based applications services has increased. This is a welcome change in universities academic environment. Realizing the importance of these services, UET took initiative and established basic network infrastructure in Campus and in hostels. After merging ISC (Information Services Centre) and CMS (Campus Management Solution) into IT Centre in 2012, IT Centre provides the following services to Faculty, Staff and Students:
- CMS Software Services
- Internet Services (24/7 in campus and in hostels)
- Official Email Services
- VPN to access HEC Digital Library
- Video Conferencing
- Microsoft Licensed Software
- Website Management
- IT Help Desk / Support
TICThe objective of this center is to spur economic development and job creation through technology incubation at Technology Incubation Center (TIC), University of Engineering & Technology,Peshawar. The Technology Incubation Center offers support services for start-up entrepreneurs in starting and running their technology related business. Besides it also facilitates the faculty and students in obtaining Intellectual Property Rights as well as commercialization of their technology.
More Imformation About UET
Departments & FacultyDepartments
- Department of Agricultural Engineering
- Department of Architecture Engineering
- Department of Basic Sciences & Islamiat
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Department of Computer System Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering
- Department of Mining Engineering
- Department of Software Engineering
- Department of Telecommunication Engineering
- Faculty of Agricultural Engineering
- Faculty of Architecture Engineering
- Faculty of Basic Sciences & Islamiat
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering (Peshawar Campus)
- Faculty of Civil Engineering (Bannu Campus)
- Faculty of Civil Engineering (Jalozai Campus)
- Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Faculty of Computer System Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering (Peshawar Campus)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering (Mardan Campus)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering (Bannu Campus)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering (Jalozai Campus)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering (Kohat Campus)
- Faculty of Industrial Engineering (Peshawar Campus)
- Faculty of Industrial Engineering (Jalozai Campus)
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Peshawar Campus)
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Jalozai Campus)
- Faculty of Mechatronics Engineering
- Faculty of Mining Engineering
- Faculty of Software Engineering
- Faculty of Telecommunication Engineering
Research & DevelopmentIn this era of knowledge economy where technologies are growing exponentially and industries are becoming dependent on technology based solutions; universities being the epicentres of research and development have become important players in the process of invention, innovation and commercialization. University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar is playing a strong role in the socio-economic development of the country with its engineers working actively in different fields of research, design and development for sustainable development of Pakistan. Presently research activities are revolving around the areas including:
- Mechanical Design
- Design of Earthquake-resisting Structures
- Mining Techniques
- Processing of Low Grade Industrial Minerals and Metalic ores
- Environmental Management
- Water Resources Management
- Application of Computers in Engineering
- Books = 175000
- Journals = 2000
- Rare Books (Encyclopedias,Dictionaries, maps etc.) = 1000
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.