Sarim Burney is a Chairman of Sarim Burney Welfare Trust which is a non profitable trust organization who has helped many poor and victim men, women and children uptil now and is doing it's best to help every individual who is in need of help.
BiographyMr. Sarim Burney, Chairman of Sarim Burney Welfare Trust International, is one of Pakistan’s leading human rights activists. With a mission to work as a non-political, non-governmental and non-profitable organization, the trust fights against all forms of torture, cruel inhuman or degrading treatment, child abuse, cruelty to women and other more subtle forms of violent repression or human and civil rights violations. He is a brother of Ansar Burney who is also a civil right activist and Son of late Syed Mukhtar Ahmad Burney. He is married and has 2 children ( Syeda burney and Waris burney).
Ansar Burney ( Brother)
Sarim Burney Welfare Trust
IntroductionSarim Burney Welfare Trust International is a non-profitable trust working for the cause of oppressed people. This trust works without any discrimination of caste, religion & creed. Trust aims are to bring the whole community & people from all walks of life under an umbrella for their betterment and uplifting. This trust fights against all forms of injustices, cruelty, inhumanity and Child & Women Abuse. Trust works to raise Awareness & has been in front for the achievement of civil liberty & social justice for all segments of Society. A group of lawyers under the leadership of Sarim Burney has been constituted, sensing the needs & difficulties of the poor & needy peoples,as to provide them both moral boost & legal Remedies, to render their expertise to the beneficiaries.
- To serve the humanity, work for human welfare and to help the downtrodden and the deprived.
- Encourage respect for Human Rights.
- Safe the rights of women and children.
- Fights against all forms of injustices, cruelty, inhumanity, and Child &Women Abuse
- Better treatment of human beings and for the rights and freedoms of civil liberties.
- To aware the society about the basic human rights.
- To empower the women regarding their basic human rights.
- To train the human rights activists by giving them trainings on human rights issues
- To raise awareness, provide free legal advice and services and humanitarian assistance where needed.
- To pay special attention on the basic human rights of the women and children.
- To develop networking, advocacy and lobbying among different government institutions and non-government organizations about human rights issues
- To develop the self-sustainable projects for the Pakistani community.
- To work for the rehabilitation and welfare of the families of these unfortunate human beings purely on humanitarian grounds in the greater interest of justice and humanity without any affiliation or consideration for any political party, group or activities.
- To take necessary action in preventing Human Rights Violations and providing aid and assistance including legal aid to victims of Human Rights violations and to individuals and Group striving to protect Human Rights.
Dismissed From NGOLeading Pakistani rights activist Ansar Burney in july 2012 said he has dismissed his brother from his NGO for participating in a live TV show that featured a Hindu boy converting to Islam. This conversion was a drama created by (TV show host) Maya Khan and my brother Sarim Burney. I have dismissed my brother from the Ansar Burney Trust," Burney told PTI on phone from London. The rights activist said Sunil had worked for his organisation for several years. Sarim Burney had featured prominently in the show on ARY Digital. He was seen sitting next to Sunil while a cleric converted the Hindu boy to Islam. Burney said if Sunil had chosen to convert to Islam of his own free will, it should have been kept a private matter. "The boy could have converted in front of a few witnesses. There was no need to televise the whole thing," he said. Burney further said he is looking into some "corruption charges" that had been levelled against his brother Sarim.
Clarification By Sarim BurneySarim was the vice chairman at the Ansar Burney Trust, which was started in 1980 as the Prisoners Aid Society. He dismissed the corruption allegations, saying that Ansar had always handled the funds and the accounts. “Ansar should know about corruption as he was directly involved with the monetary affairs of the organisation,” Sarim told The Express Tribune. He maintained that he had separated their work for the past three months and formed his own trust, Sarim Burney Welfare Trust. “This did not please Ansar as he always wants to be in the limelight,” alleged Sarim. Sarim backed the conversion. “I have seen the boy fast when he had not embraced Islam. He did it of his own free will. Being miles away, how can Ansar say that it was forced?” Sarim also claimed that Sunil worked for the Sarim Burney Welfare Trust and not the Ansar Burney Welfare Trust.
Accused Salman Mujahid
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.