- In 2008, her some poetry work was translated into English and her poems were read in the UK, with the Poetry Translation Centre's World Poets' Tour.
- Gilani is also credited with co-translating the great Australian poet Les Murray into Urdu language. These works were published in Tasteer Literary magazine in Islamabad in its December 2011 edition.
- She hosted a tribute to folk singer Pathanay Khan, sponsored by the Pakistan National Council of the Arts (PNCA).
- Gilani co-founded the Urdu Academy of Australia (Sydney) in 2009. The Academy organises monthly sittings in Sydney to promote Urdu Poetry and literature.,
- Her new book of poetry Hawa Chupke se Kehti Hai (The Breeze Whispers) was published in June 2011 in Lahore, Pakistan. The new book received such a warm response that its first edition was reported sold out within 2 hours of its arrival in Urdu Bazar. The book has created a great buzz and interest among Urdu literati and readers since Gilani’s last poetry book was published in 2003.
Noshi Gilani's Works:
- Mohabatain Jab Sumar Kurna (When you would count affections, 1993)
- Udas Honay Kay Din Naheen (These are not the days of sadeness, 1997)
- Pehla Lafz Mohabat Likha (The first word was written "Love", 2003)
- Selected poems like Ay Meeray Shareek-E-Risal-E-Jaan,
- Hum Tera Intezaar Kurtey Rahey (And I kept waiting you!) (2008).
- Noshi Gillani poems, Enitharmon Press, (15 Sep 2008), translators: Lavinia Greenlaw; Nukhbah Langah.
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.