AttributesPakistani legislator and educationist Main Amir Mehmood which is made possible by his cooperation. His whole life was filled with hardships and these hardships started with his early life. Mian Amir is a person with entrepreneur thinking and level of great output with efficiency and effectiveness. He works hard to accomplish his goals regardless of circumstances he faces. He does not just work with dedication, but he was also recognized for it.
- In 2013 his educational network runs 450 schools under the banner of Allied Schools, 25 under Resource Academia, 234 branches of Punjab Group of Colleges (PGC) and 3 chartered and accredited universities with about 250,000 students. The Group has to its credit about 1,000,000 Alumni.
- Mian Amer Mahmood launched Punjab College of Commerce in 1985 followed by Punjab Law College in 1987 and Punjab College of Business Administration in 1989.
- In 1993, he established Punjab Institute of Computer Sciences, followed by Muhammad Ali Jinnah University in 1996.
- In 2002, 2003 and 2010 he launched the University of Central Punjab, Resource Academia School System and Allied Schools respectively.
Launch of Dunya TV
- Chancellor: Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi (Chartered by the Government of Sindh and accredited by the Higher Education Commission).
- Chairman: University of Central Punjab, Lahore Board of Governors (Chartered by Government of the Punjab.),University of Central Punjab, Lahore. (Chartered by the Government of Punjab and accredited by the Higher Education Commission), Capital University of Science and Technology (Chartered by the Federal Government), Punjab Group of Colleges (Punjab Group of Colleges is the largest network of educational institutions in Pakistan with a student body of approximately 250,000.)
- Chief Executive: Educational Excellence Limited: A public limited Company, which owns and manages Colleges imparting professional education in the fields of Law, Business Administration, Commerce and Computer Science as well as providing high quality educational infrastructure at Resource Academia School System, National Communications Services (SMC) (Pvt) Ltd, National Education Network (Pvt.) Ltd: A Company which franchises Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools by the name of Allied Schools, Media Division (News & Entertainment Channels) and Dunya
- Trustee: First Pakistani member from the private sector, Board of Trustees, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand (Est. 1959 by SEATO Member countries) from 1995 to 1998.
- Mayor (Zila Nazim): For Two continuous terms from 2001 - 2009.
Achievements and Credits
- He is the first ever member of the Board of Trustees, of the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand Established in 1959 by SEATO Member countries from Pakistan.
- For his services as Mayor of the city of Lahore, he was declared “The Son of Lahore”, by the President of Pakistan at a ceremony held at the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry in 2012.
- In recognition of his valuable services towards the education, political and media sectors of the country, he was honoured with the Hilal e Imtiaz, a highly prestigious national award, by the President of Pakistan.
- Mian Amer launched Dunya Foundation which has successfully achieved its objectives and works for the welfare and uplifting of the society. DUNYA FOUNDATION is a non-political and non-profit organization and its goals are to promote education and serve humanity by:
- Providing free books, stationery and other necessities of students to the underprivileged students. Providing free and affordable education to the students, who have the will to study but cannot bear the expenses.
- Awarding Scholarships to the needy and competent students. Awarding Scholarships and prizes to the students attaining top positions in the Board Examinations.
- Inculcating in the students a sense of responsibility, duty and dignity of labour.
- Motivating the students to uphold their identity as honourable citizens of Pakistan.
- Propagating the ideology of Islam and Pakistan among students.
- Besides promoting education, Dunya Foundation has also been active in: Providing shelter to vulnerable homeless people, elderly, victims of natural disasters and the disabled.
- Establishing Income Support Programs. Helping and working in collaboration with other non-profit organizations.
ClaimWarraich claimed in his complaint that his two daughters Farah Nawaz and Zainab Nawaz were students of the Punjab Group of Colleges and on January 9, he dropped them both off to attend a cultural show organised by the college administration where both sustained serious injuries along with dozens of other girls in a stampede. He said Farah later died at Services Hospital while Zainab was discharged after treatment. He said in his complaint that the people he had named were responsible for the death of his daughter, so police registered a case against them.
- Establishment of Punjab College at Canal Bank, Lahore 1985
- Establishment of Islamic Commerce Educational Society 1986
- Establishment Punjab Law Colleges 1988
- Punjab College at Faisalabad and Rawalpindi 1988
- Punjab College of Business Administration, Lahore 1991
- Punjab Institute of Computer Science, Lahore 1993
- Punjab College at Islamabad 1996
- Punjab College at Gujranwala 1997
- Punjab College for Women 1998
- Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi 1998
- Mohammad Ali Jinnah University, Islamabad 1998
- Punjab College opens its branches in Sargodha and Multan 1999
- Punjab College of Information Technology 2000
- Tower Technologies (Pvt.) Limited starts operations 2001
- University of Central Punjab 2002
- Resource Academia School System 2003
- Punjab College at Sialkot 2004
- Punjab Colleges of Science 2005
- Punjab College at Rahim Yar Khan 2006
- Dunya News Network goes on air 2008
- Punjab College expands its network to Bhawalpur, Gujrat , Okara 2009
- New Campus of University of Central Punjab at Johar Town, Lahore 2010
- New Campus of Mohammad Ali Jinnah University in Islamabad 2010
- National Educational Network (Franchised Educational Network) 2010
- Newspaper Dunya Roznama 2012
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.