Purpose Of DHA
The prime objectives of the Housing Society are:
- Welfare of Armed Forces Officers who retire from their services at a very early age after serving the state commendably and selflessly.
- To develop the housing sector of Pakistan by introducing model housing schemes.
- To utilize the valuable land and setup housing schemes on land purchased from Federal/provincial government/private sectors. This is an act of forte and experience of Armed Forces to become an inalienable and inseparable part of the nation's prosperity and progress.
- The Authority's functioning is overseen by two bodies:
- Executive Board, headed by the Corps Commander posted at Karachi  Purpose Of DHA
The Governing Body is headed by Secretary Ministry of Defence, Govt of Pakistan. Its members are:-
- Vice Chiefs of Staff of three services or Principal Staff Officers of the three services (Nominees of respective Service Chief).
- President Executive Board DHA.
- DG, ML & C, Min of Defence
- Administrator of the Authority
- Secretary-Secretary of the Authority
- The Governing Body meets at least once every year to review progress, lay down policy guidelines and approve the budget and audit report of the Authority. Governing Body
Corps Commander posted at Karachi is the President of Executive Board of DHA. Its members are:-
- A serving Army Officer not below the rank of Brigadier posted at Karachi (COAS Nominee).
- A serving Naval Officer not below the rank of Cdre posted at Karachi (CNS Nominee).
- A serving Air Force Officer not below the rank of Air Cdre posted at Karachi (CAS Nominee).
- Administrator of the Authority.
- Co-opted Members to be appointed by the Executive Board for a period not exceeding two years. They do not have the right of vote.
- Secretary Secretary of the Authority.
- Executive Board exercises all administrative and financial powers. It meets as often as it is required.  Executive Board
A serving Brigadier heads the organization and is designated as the Administrator. The Administrator is the Chief Executive of the Authority and exercises all executive powers delegated or otherwise in accordance with the policy laid down by the Governing Body and decisions of the Executive Board. Secretary and various Directors are generally retired Armed Forces Officers  DHA Organization