The Bilqees Sarwar Foundation BSF
- NRS International designs, manufactures and supplies cost-effective core relief items to the humanitarian and development sector. It is among the few International NGOs in Pakistan that heads four subsidiaries: NRS Relief, TANA Netting, and its newly launched brands Enlight and Ulinzi Latex. On the strong belief that businesses have the responsibility to their community, the Bilqees Sarwar Foundation was inaugurated. The main aim of the foundation is to alleviate suffering and build community resilience post-humanitarian crises through improving the quality and access to public health, and widening educational opportunities.
- In 2005, the Sarwar family struggled to find quality healthcare for a sick family member. In that same year, a devastating earthquake shook regions of Pakistan and many families were left without basic supplies and healthcare services. Throughout the relief effort, the Sarwarâ€™s became one of the largest donors to citizens in the region and in 2013; we expanded our efforts internationally to reach a wider scope of people.
- By supporting international projects through in-kind and financial donations, we aim to build more sustainable and productive futures for vulnerable populations. Through capitalizing on NRS Internationalâ€™s partnerships, the collective impact of our philanthropic efforts is maximized.Â
Bilqees Sarwar Hospital
Free dialysis treatmentOver 25 million people in Pakistan have to fight for their lives due to kidney-related health issues every year. Â BSH offers 50 dialysis machines for people who cannot afford the expensive costs of dialysis.
Free eye-care treatmentBSH introduced free eye-care treatments, ranging from laser vision correction to minor surgeries, for the HSNDS factory employees, their families, and the most vulnerable patients in Pakistan. Since its inception, the hospital has served a community of 500,000 citizens and treating up to 3,000 eye patients per month. BSH provides affordable and quality healthcare to those most in-need in the local Lahore community. With qualified doctorâ€™s facility based eye care administrations, Bilqees Sarwar Foundation is committed to create a better world to live specifically for under-developed countries by preventing the suffering caused by blindness and other eye ailments.
Other ophthalmology services
- Eye Optical Path Difference (OPD) scans
- Eye laser treatments
- Eye surgeries
- Eye pharmacy
- Complete lab testing facility
- Consulting general practitioner
- 4-bed ward (will be upgraded to 12 beds in the near future)
- Laboratory tests
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
Razia Begum Dialysis CentreKidney problem is a major issue in underdeveloped countries like Pakistan. It sounds familiar when they say they are suffering from kidney disease, but itâ€™s really painful when one actually feels it. Moreover, it is a disturbing fact that millions of people are losing their lives while fighting against this disease. In Pakistan, medical facility is one of the core issues up till now. If we talk about the people of underprivileged areas, thousands of people fight with health issues and remain untreated due to unavailability of proper medication. Lack of facilities, equipment, medicines, doctorâ€™s attention, funds and many other problems in hospitals are there which seems to be the greatest hindrance in the way of a healthy life. For these poor souls, Bilqees Sarwar Hospital is the light of hope to get a happy and healthy life, once again. Bilqees Sarwar Hospital has been serving the people of Lahore, Pakistan since 2010. It helps the people who are unable to bear the expenses of costly treatment and lose hope when one of their loved one suffers from such a chronic ailment. Bilqees Sarwar Hospital facilitates people of underprivileged areas by letting them be cured with the best treatment, free of cost. Â
SNPET Scholarship Program
Flood Relief Initiative
- On the auspicious occasion of Eid ul-Adha, NRS Internationalâ€™s family-run charity organisation Bilqees Sarwar Foundation (BSF) has generously provided 3,500 food parcels and 7,000 DawaPlusÂ® 2.0 Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets to the flood victims in the Punjab province of Pakistan.
- BSF has supplied all the items free of cost to the Pakistan Army who is in charge of various rehabilitation projects in the countryâ€™s flood-stricken areas.
- The contents of the food kits were carefully compiled by keeping in mind the basic food requirements of the flood victims. The immediate supplies will assist in fulfilling the nutritional needs of the victims, especially children who are at great risk of suffering from malnutrition. Each kit consists of 10 kg wheat flour, 1 kg Basmati rice, 1 kg cooking oil, 1 kg white sugar, 800 grams iodize table salt, 200 grams red chili powder and 400 grams dry milk powder.
- Similarly, the provision of DawaPlusÂ® Long-Lasting Insecticidal Nets will aid the flood victims in combating the deadly threats of transmitting malaria and other vector-borne diseases. The WHOPES-recommended LLINs, which are produced by our subsidiary TANA Netting, not only act as physical barrier by preventing the mosquitoes from reaching their prey, but also as chemical barrier as the coated insecticide repels the mosquitoes or kills them when they come into contact with the net.
- The supplies were handed over to Major Omer Tuaha, Officer-in-Charge at Army Relief Camp-Lahore, which will be taken to their stock collection center in Army General Head Quarters in Islamabad. From collection center, the goods will be further transported to their respective distribution centers and will be shared with the victims on the basis of demand and urgent requirement.
- By realizing its strong position in the humanitarian aid sector and fulfilling its commitment to give back to society, NRS International, together with BSF, takes full pride in delivering this full-scale donation campaign on time with the help of its valued partners and the Pakistan Army.Â
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.