- General is recipient of COAS Commendation Card for operations in Bajaur during 2008.
- The newly appointed ISPR chief belongs to Pak Army’s Artillery Corps. He was promoted from Brigadier to Major General in January 2016 and later posted as General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the Artillery Regiment, in Swat.
- Besides reinstating law and order in Swat; Major General Asif Ghafoor also contributed a lot in restarting classes in University of Malakand, which is situated along the Swat River.
- The general’s brother, Tariq Ghafoor, has also served as Major General in the army.
- Asif Ghafoor has also served in the military operations directorate in the past and will now replace Lt. Gen. Asim Bajwa in coming days.
- The former DG ISPR, Asim Bajwa, was promoted last year and he became the first Lieutenant General to head the army’s media wing.
- Lt. Gen. Bajwa maintained the position for four consecutive years. He has now been posted as Inspector General Arms (GHQ).
Rate This Article No Thanks
Pakpedia.pk Pakistan's biggest free encyclopedia provide you free platform publicly. The source of information collected from many sites by different people. We welcome everyone for corrections and updates, Thank you.